What’s New at Cedar Point for 2017? We have a number of projects. Below lists just some of them.
- Satellite TV in the cabins After thinking about it and talking about it for a long time, we have decided to add satellite TV to the cabins. We keep hearing that people want to watch the news etc. So, we are answering your request. On a rainy day (not that it ever rains at Cedar Point Resort!) you can still play a game, but you can watch a movie too!
- We have a YouTube channel!
We have uploaded a couple videos already. Now that we have a channel, we will be taking more videos. You can view our videos by clicking on this link. Cedar Point Resort YouTube Channel. We have also added some of the videos to our website. Check it out!
- Birch is getting a bathroom facelift. It is one of the last ones that need some work.
- Two more new 15HP 4-stroke electric start motors. They will be on a 16 foot Lund and have a depth finder/fish locator and swivel seats.
- More landscaping is in the plans!
What was new in 2016? Well, let’s recap.
- Pirate Ship. Ahoy Matte! We had wanted to do something special in the playground. But, we weren’t sure what. The Pirate Ship that Tim built in June was the perfect thing. It was well received and got lots of use. Isn’t it great?
- Stand-up Paddle Boards! They were very popular and a nice addition to the kayaks, canoes (we purchased a new canoe for 2016 too), hydro-bikes and fun bugs..
- It may not be exciting, but we had an additional well drilled to support the resort and campground. It is the general vicinity of the original one (By Eagle’s Nest cabin). Again, it may not seem exciting, but it is important!.
- The bathroom in White Pine was remodeled. The new one turned out wonderfully!
- New carpet in the bedrooms of Eagle’s Nest. Some structure work was done to the floors and with new carpet on top, it is great. Eagle’s Nest got a new stove too.
- New deck on Bear’s Den.
- Recliners and other “nice stuff.” We put 4 new recliners in the cabins. We are always replacing and improving. Every year we purchase some new bedding, pillows, dishes, pots and pans etc. to ensure that we always have “nice stuff” in the cabins!
Cedar Point is featured in the book, Resorts of Minnesota!